I found Direct Automotve Products (directauto.com) by google searching.They showed stock on parts for my toyota and promised quick delivery.

They certainly looked legitimate. I even called and talked to a human being. I ordered the parts on then website with my credit card. The quickly charged my credit card then two days later told me the parts were out of stock.

They offered to back-order with delivery four months later. I quickly declined their offer. I checked my credit card account a week later. They had not credited my account.

I then called the credit card company to dispute the charge. An investigation is in progress.

WHAT A RIPOFF!

Had an Experience with Direct Automotive Products?

Comments

I ordered the wrong parts on Friday called them on Monday morning and the parts should be in today.I went ahead and ordered the correct manifolds on Monday and they gave me free shipping on the right parts.

I am happy about that, since it was my mistake.

Locally the wrecking yards were asking alot more for the used exhaust manifolds.So over all I believe I received a good deal.

Goochland, Virginia, United States #263041

As always, if anyone has a order concern or general question we are easy to reach and easy to work with.

1-800-611-6730 ext 1008 8 am to 4 PM PST M-F

customerservice@directauto.com

We try our best to be perfect every time. However that is not always possible. Our 99.9% rating on ebay / Amazon / and perfect BBB record should show our genuine attempt to do what is right for the consumer. You can not make all the people happy all of the time, but we do try.

Thanks for the orders and we welcome any comments or questions.

I asked the seller a question about a particular part (listed on eBay) being either "first rate" or "second" and I couldn't get a straight answer. I also mentioned that it was imperative that the part I used was first rate and explained the dilemma particular Jaguar model owners had with engine fires due to that particular part's failure...

I went back to the part listed on eBay, and discovered that I was now banned from being able to purchase it.

I wouldn't consider this poor customer service, but it just seems a little fishy...

Caveat Emptor!!!

Goochland, Virginia, United States #159486

Placed an order Saturday night for a headlight which I thought was a low priced aftermarket for the price.My dealer wanted $962 and they wanted $599.

It is for a 2008 RX8 Xenon style. I had a coupon for free shipping which their site said would be 4-7 business days. On Wednesday I received a brand new OEM factory Mazda headlight. How they did this I do not know.

The same part as the dealer 5 days sooner than their site claimed. I can not state how happy I am and I am going to tell as many people as I can.

What a pleasant surprise for a change with an online parts company.They have my business for life.

I recieved my window regulator today, Sept.18, 2008 and the motor was broken.

This is the second motor that went bad from them. For the price, I thought I would try them again. I ordered the part on Monday, Sept. 15, and shipped the 16th, but took them 3 days to replay/return my messages.

I was mailed a defective part, and they want me to pay (AGAIN) for shipping the entire thing back to them?

I am waiting (AGAIN) for a response from them, as to their quality of products and how to resolve this.I MAY NEVER deal with them, unless they honor my request on my last email response to them.

Goochland, Virginia, United States #10522

In regards to the comment

Written by Joe Simao, on 13-04-2008 02:10

The customer was offered a free warranty replacement at no charge. He did not want one and instead wanted a refund. As the order was over 30 days a refund was out of the question. We gladly warranty this item for life as stated in the sale but after 30 days the options are limited to exchange or return for store credit.

In regards to Direct Automotve Products complaint by Jkwlsn

The customer ordered 2 items. One item was out of stock. The customer was emailed asking if 1. He wanted to cancel and refund the full order, 2. Cancel and refund the out of stock item and ship the instock item, 3. Place the out of stock item on back order with a discount and ship the other item, or 4. place the whole order on hold until both parts could ship at the same time.

Instead of replying, the customer ignored us while we awaited his reply and contacted his bank for a refund. Had he replied to us this would have been resolved to his satisfaction along with the refund the same day.

Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania, United States #8367

I would avoid these guys.I ordered a window motor for my car.

Went throught the tear down of my door only to learn the new motor was defective. When I contacted these guys, they offered a store credit less the shipping fees because I order the part over three months ago.

I should sue them for my time tearing the door panel apart and installing a defective motor.Rip Off